CARROT CAKE BREADFrom goodeat 3 years ago
- 1 3/4 c Sifted cake flour (or 1 1/2 shopping list
- -cups all-purpose shopping list
- flour, sifted) shopping list
- 1 ts ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 ts baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 ts salt shopping list
- 1/2 ts baking soda shopping list
- 1 c sugar shopping list
- 3/4 c olive oil shopping list
- 1 c raw carrots, finely grated shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 c pecans, finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the sifted flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and baking
- soda. Sift together and set aside. Combine the sugar and olive oil
- and beat with electric mixer at medium speed about 2 minutes, or
- until smooth and well blended. Fold in grated carrots with their
- juice. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the chopped nuts. Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Grease and dust with flour tow 9-inch cake pans. Pour in batter and
- bake in a preheated 350 F oven 55-60 minutes. Serve warm. Can be
- wrapped and stored in refrigerator for up to a week, which improves
- flavor and makes the cake bread more moist. Bread can be iced with
- powdered sugar, orange juice, and creamed butter mixture.
The Cookgoodeat Benton, MO
The Rating5 people
This sounds Yummy gotta akesoon -Print - try and save YEAH!momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Bugs Bunny says " Eh.. What's up Chris" Thanks for the 'carrots!! LOL HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Great recipe...I like your idea of topping it with a creamed butter mixture, because I whip butter and honey and serve it with these kinds of breads. 5UP
~Dianne~diannehocut in Little Rock loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!