Southwestern Burger WrapsFrom magnoliasouth 7 years ago
- cooking spray, or oil, for coating broiler shopping list
- 12 oz 93%-lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 c. refried beans shopping list
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 1 tbs pickled jalapenos, diced shopping list
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted shopping list
- 1/2 c. salsa shopping list
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 tbs fat free sour cream, OR yogurt shopping list
- 4 tortillas, whole-wheat (pre-warmed) shopping list
- 2 c. fresh spinach shopping list
- 1/2 c. cheese, shredded (any flavor you prefer) shopping list
How to make it
- Position oven rack in upper third of oven and the preheat broiler. Coat a broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Gently combine ground beef, beans, cilantro and jalapenos in a medium bowl (do not overmix). Shape into four 5x2" oblong patties and place on the prepared pan.
- Broil the patties until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 165°F, about 14 to 18 minutes.
- In a bowl, chop (or mash) avocado. Mix in salsa, garlic powder, lime juice and sour cream or yogurt.
- Spread each pre-warmed tortilla with the avocado mixture, then place spinach on top followed by the cheese. Top each with a burger and roll into a wrap. Serve immediately.
The Cookmagnoliasouth Mobile, AL
The Rating4 people
This sounds really good, I love wraps. You have my 5 forks.henrie in Savannah loved it
Man! This sounds incredible to me! Might not get the old man to eat a whole wheat tortilla, but I can improvise I'm sure! ;')justjakesmom in Everett loved it
Love this, thanks!maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!