Pork With Squash And ApplesFrom dugger 3 years ago
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp minced garlic (about 2 cloves) shopping list
- 2 tbsp chopped sage shopping list
- 2 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled shopping list
- 2 cooking apples, peeled shopping list
- 1 medium red onion shopping list
- 1 tbsp honey mustard shopping list
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix nutmeg, 1 tsp of garlic and sage in a bowl. Rub over pork and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut squash into 1/2 inch pieces, apples into 1 inch pieces and slice the onion into thin crescents.
- Toss squash, apples, onion and remaining 1/2 tsp of garlic, honey mustard and salt and pepper in a bowl. See Photo
- Spread mixture on a long sheet of foil. Add 3 tbsp of the butter then fold into a packet and crimp to seal.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast on the upper rack of the oven until tender (about 30-35 minutes). Poke some holes in it to allow steam to escape.
- Meanwhile, heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. Add remaining butter, melt and then add the pork and brown on all sides (about 8 minutes).
- Remove the pork, add 2 tbsp of water and stir, scraping any browned bits from the skillet.
- Return the pork and transfer the skillet to the lower rack of the oven and roast until it reaches 150 degrees (about 15 mins) See Photo. Move the meat to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Return the skillet to medium heat. Add 1/2 cup of water, scrape the skillet and simmer about 2 minutes.
- Slice the pork, drizzle with pan juices and serve with squash and apples.
The Cookdugger Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville), US
- Not added to any groups yet!