Raspberry Walnut Schnitten - 12 Days of Cookies Day 12From teatimin 6 years ago
How to make it
- Beat buter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Gradually stir in flour until blended. Divide dough in half. Wrap each half in plastic wrap and chill 1 hour, or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put each piece of dough between 2 sheets of waxed paper and roll to a 12-inch by 5-inch rectangle. Peel off top paper sheets, invert onto cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Peel off bottom paper. Fold long edges inward (1/2-inch), keeping borders even. Pat any cracks to seal.
- Spread jam on the folded edge (do not put jam on the folded edges). Sprinkle nuts over jam. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
- Cool slightly, then cut each rectangle into 16 slices. Remove to rack to finish cooling.
- Once cooled completely, melt the chocolate chips in a small saucepan on low heat, stirring to prevent burning. Dip plain edges of cookies into chocolate and set on waxed papaer to cool.
The Cookteatimin Cascade, CO
The Rating2 people
Cookies And Sweets452 members
Holiday Cookie Swappers222 members
All Holidays135 members
All About Choclate86 members
Chocoholics Anonymous155 members
Death By Chocolate122 members
The Best Cookie Group24 members
Very Berry Delicious45 members
A Tea Party71 members
A Cookie Jar58 members