Irish Christmas CookiesFrom goodeat 6 years ago
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup Irish whiskey shopping list
- 1/4 cup candied citron, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup almonds, blanched and chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease two cookie sheets. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, cream together the butter and the sugar. Beat in the eggs until well blended. Add the flour and the Irish whiskey, and beat the dough until smooth. Add the fruit and nuts, and mix well. Drop cookie dough from a tablespoon onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake each sheet of cookies for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the cookies from the baking sheets with a spatula while still warm. Place on wire rack to partially cool.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container with a slice of white bread to maintain their soft, fruity texture.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookgoodeat Benton, MO
The Rating8 people
Yum Yum Yum luv these high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Yes, dear, I'll be right over with the coffee... THis sounds delish... I need to replenish my 'cookie jar' HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
A good one. I will be making these.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!