Sun-dried Tomato RigatoniFrom latinfoodie 5 years ago
- 1.25 lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 yellow onion diced shopping list
- 1-1lb package of rigatoni shopping list
- 1 jar of sundried tomatoes, packed in olive oil. I use mezzeta shopping list
- 1 large can of crushed tomatoes i think its 28oz shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tbs sugar shopping list
- 1 tbs italian seasoning blend shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large stock pot, cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a blender add the whole jar of sundried tomates, and the oil, with the crushed tomatoes. Blend until well blended. In a large saucepan, heat medium, add ground beef and cook until browned, coarsley crumbling with spoon. Add the onion and saute. season with salt and pepper. Add the sauce, and all seasonings, taste for adjustments and add the sugar too, tasting for preference. and about 1 cup of the pasta water, turn to low heat and simmer for about 5 mins.
- Strain pasta, and add back to pot, add sauce to pot and mix with pasta, or serve sauce on top of pasta, sprinkle generously with parm cheese!!!