Tomato Cheese and Onion TartFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 ounces ice water shopping list
- 2 ounces cold milk shopping list
- 6 ounces grated swiss cheese shopping list
- 6 ounces grated gruyere cheese shopping list
- 1 large white onion sliced thin shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 large tomato sliced thin shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon shopping list
How to make it
- Mix flour, salt and butter in a processor until grainy.
- Slowly add water and milk through processor tube until a ball is formed.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 then roll dough out to fit 9” pie pan.
- Sauté onion slices and 1 tablespoon butter then arrange onion slices on the cheese.
- Sauté tomato slices in 2 tablespoons butter then sprinkle with tarragon.
- Place tomato slices on top of onion then cover pie with remaining juices in the pan.
- Bake 30 minutes then open oven door and bake 10 minutes to brown the crust.
- Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
hey bunco lady.. ya win? :) how r u? i just made a 'mad' scientist casserole.. yep this cat was in the 'lab again:) anyhoo, sweetie, this sounds really gooooooddddd!! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!! BTW if i don't hear from ya.. Have BLESSED CHRISTmas and New y...moresnowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Another winner. Keep them coming!!
Merry Christmas and thank you!
TerryRterryr in Henderson loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!