Pork Belly Pastrami SlidersFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- 1 pounds pork belly shopping list
- 1 cup salt shopping list
- 1 gallon water shopping list
- 1 cup pastrami spice Seasoning, found in most specialty stores or on-line shopping list
- 12 slider rolls (most markets sell slider rolls) shopping list
- 12 slices of raclette cheese, 2 inch by 2 inch shopping list
- 1 head green cabbage shopping list
- 1 pc carrot, julienne shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- sugar, to taste shopping list
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds, ground shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayo shopping list
- 1/4 cup ketchup shopping list
- 2 tb cornichon, mince shopping list
- 2 tsp. lemon juice shopping list
- zest of one lemon, micro plane shopping list
- 2 tb parsley, sliced shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preparation Special Equipment: Smoker
- Preparing the Pork Belly:
- Bring the gallon of water to a boil and add the salt.
- Once the salt dissolves, cool the brine.
- Pour the brine into a dish and place the pork belly into the brine.
- Brine the pork belly for 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- After 6 hours remove the belly and rinse well under cold water.
- Pat the belly dry and coat the belly with the pastrami spice.
- Then smoke the belly for 1 hour using hickory wood chips at 225 degrees.
- After smoking the belly, place the belly into a pan with a rack and place about 2 cups of water in the pan.
- Cover with foil and cook at 275 degrees for 6 hours.
- Once the pork belly is fork tender, remove.
- Press the belly between two pans and cool.
- Once cool, cut into
- 2 inch x 2 inch x 2 inch cubes.
- Making the Slaw:
- Place the heavy cream, water, vinegar, salt and caraway into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, finely julienne the cabbage and carrots.
- Once mixture comes to a boil, pour over the cabbage and carrots.
- Cover and let cool on the counter.
- After about 30 minutes, poke 3 holes into the plastic and place into the refrigerator until serving.
- Making the Russian Dressing:
- Place the mayonnaise, ketchup, cornichon, lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, salt, and pepper into a bowl and mix well.
- Reserve until serving.
- Plating: Place the pastrami cubes onto a baking dish and cover with a slice of cheese.
- Place under a broiler until the cheese melts.
- Place the pastrami cubes on the bottom slice of the roll and garnish with the cole slaw and dressing.
- Then place the top roll on top and enjoy.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
luv these sliders high5 post thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Unusual Combinations82 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Television TV Famous Chefs67 members
Pork To Go97 members
Checkin Central283 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
Feeding A Crowd39 members
Meat Glorious Meat62 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members
Were Smokin34 members