Japanese Holiday CakeFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- sponge cake: shopping list
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp milk shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter shopping list
- For topping: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 4 Tbsps sugar shopping list
- Various fruits (strawberries, peaches, cherries, and so on) shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk eggs in a bowl.
- Place the bowl over warm water in another large bowl and whisk further. Add sugar little by little.
- When the egg mixture becomes light yellow, sift flour and add to the bowl.
- Mix the flour lightly in the egg mixture.
- Mix butter in warm milk.
- Add mixture of melted butter and milk in the batter and stir gently.
- Preheat the oven in 350-degree.
- Place baking wax papers inside of a round cake pan (18cm).
- Pour the batter in the pan and bake in the preheated oven for 25-35 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan and cool it on a rack.
- Cut the cake in half horizontally.
- Mix heavy cream and sugar in a bowl.
- Whip the cream well.
- Take the half of the whipped cream and mix with chopped fruits.
- Place the cream on top of a round cake slice.
- Place another cake slice on top of the cream.
- Spread the rest of the whipped cream on top and around the cake.
- Decorate the cake with colorful fruits and Christmas decorations.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
luv allthe fruit n this thanks hgh5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
They are bad as we are - hehe- i like ithungrybear in Miner loved it
Midge, your recipe seems easy enough to follow and not to complicated and sounds like a great one to try for the holiday!5 from mechichimonkeyface in Albany loved it