Chocolate Chili CookiesFrom andr0m3da 5 years ago
- * 1/3 cup dried currants(you can also substitute cranberries or cherries) shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons Kahlua(white russian type works, also) shopping list
- * 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate shopping list
- * 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate shopping list
- * 3 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- * 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- * 1/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- * 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- * 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- * 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper(powdered) shopping list
- * 2 room temperature eggs shopping list
- * 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- * 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- * 1 cup dark chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the currants and Kahlua in small saucepan and place over low heat. When the Kahlua begins to bubble, turn off the heat, stir and set aside.
- Combine the chocolates and butter in a metal bowl. Place over a saucepan containing an inch of water. Place over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted. Remove and set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, black pepper and cayenne in a medium mixing bowl. Stir and set aside.
- Using a whisk or electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar until thick and pale yellow in color, about 5 minutes. Add, vanilla and melted chocolate mixture, and stir until combined. Fold in the flour, and then fold in the currants/Kahlua and chocolate chips to form a very loose cookie dough.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto silicone-lined cookies sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes, until the tops are shiny and the cookies have risen very slightly. Allow to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to racks to cool completely before serving.