Mexican Spiced MacaroonsFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- one 14-ounce package sweetened coconut flakes shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup (scant) All Whites pasteurized egg whites, about half of a 16-ounce carton, or 4 egg whites shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the coconut, 1/2 cup of the sugar, the flour, salt, 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon and the cayenne.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high in 15-second bursts, stirring between, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Set aside.
- Add the vanilla and egg whites to the coconut mixture.
- Use your hands to mix together until all the coconut mixture is moistened.
- Add the melted chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- Drop by the tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheet.
- A small cookie or ice cream scoop works well if you want very round balls.
- Alternatively, you can shape them with your fingers.
- Sprinkle the cookies with the cinnamon-sugar blend.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the edges start to toast and the cookies feel somewhat firm.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to wire cooling racks to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
Sweet Tooth448 members
Cookies And Sweets452 members
MEXICAN FOOD425 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
Going Coconuts71 members
A Cookie Jar58 members
Easy And Delicious86 members