Leek and Potato SoupFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 2 leeks(1 lb.) shopping list
- 6 c low sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 2 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 3 c coarsely chopped onion(about 1 lb) shopping list
- 1 c chopped carrots shopping list
- 1 c chopped celery shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves,minced shopping list
- 2 c cubed yukon gold potato(about 1 lb) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- Remove roots,outer leaves and tops from leeks. Cut each leek in half lengthwise. Cut each half crosswise into 1/2" thick slices. Immerse in cold water,swirl. drain
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add leek,onion,,and next 3 ingredients(through garlic). Partially cover,and cook 20 mins or till vegetables are tender,stirring occasionally. Add hot broth and potato;return to boil.
- Cover and reduce heat and simmer 10 mins or till potato is tender. Stir in pepper and salt. Serve chunky or puree with immersion blender or in a blender. 8 servings (1-1/4c )
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating3 people
Sounds delicious, especially hot, this time of year! We just had our first White Christmas in 80 years here!!
I know what you mean....anything "potato" is great cold the next day! You reminded me that when I was young, I used to eat Knorr brand...morepamelanava in Prosper loved it
Another great one!fishtrippin in Estelline loved it
Absolutely favorite.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it