Sunny Citrus Coconut CakeFrom sandygalesmith 7 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 1 Duncan Hines white cake mix shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups orange juice shopping list
- frosting shopping list
- 1 Package Betty Crocker Dry Fluffy white frosting Mix shopping list
- 1/2 cup boiling water shopping list
- Zest of 1 orange shopping list
- Zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven t0 350 degrees.
- Prepare 2 8 inch layer pans with a spray release or grease and flour it.Set aside.
- In a quart size zipper bag add the coconut and 1/2 of the lemon zest, seal and shake until mixed.Set aside.
- In a bowl mix the cake mix, melted butter, eggs and orange juice, pour into the prepared pans.Bake until golden and center springs back when touched.
- When the cake is cooled you can mix your frosting.Place the frosting mix into a mixing bowl and add the boiling water.Beat on high until stiff peaks form.Fold in the remaining lemon zest along with the orange.Now frost the top layer, add the top layer, frost the sides and the top.Top with the lemon zest coconut and add the coconut to the sides as well.Decorate with citrus twists, fresh flowers from your garden or leave as it.
- This is a refreshing, spring time to take on an old classic!