Stuffed Chicken MarsalaFrom perlandra 5 years ago
- ---cheese STUFFING--- shopping list
- 1/2 cup smoked provolone or gouda cheese shopping list
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato flakes, if in oil, drain first shopping list
- 1/3 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper shopping list
- ---CHICKEN--- shopping list
- 2 pounds Skinless boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 4 ounces cooking oil shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- ---SAUCE--- shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 6 cups button mushrooms, thinly sliced shopping list
- 24 ounces marsala wine shopping list
- 8 ounces heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 2. STUFFING: Combine all cheese stuffing ingredients in a bowl.
- 3. CHICKEN: Butterfly thickest section to create two lobes - pound until 1/4"-1/2" thick. Place pounded chicken breasts on a plate and place desired amount of stuffing on one half of chicken breast. Gently press stuffing down and fold over other side of chicken breast.
- 4. Preheat a large saute pan on stove top. add 4 oz oil, heat oil until shimmering. Place approximately 2 cups flour in a pan and season it to taste with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess flour. Place stuffed chicken breasts in saute pan with the preheated oil. Cook each side until golden. When chicken is seared on both sides remove them from saute pan and place them in a baking pan and into the oven for 10-20 minutes. Bake until juices run clear and stuffing and center reach a temperature of at least 165 degrees.
- 5. SAUCE: Add the onions to the saute pan. stir with spatula. After 2 minutes add the mushrooms, saute mixture until onions are translucent. Deglaze saute pan with the marsala wine - make sure to incorporate particles from bottom of pan. Bring wine to a simmer and add heavy cream. Simmer sauce on low heat until reduced by half.
- 6. Place cooked chicken breast on a plate and top with onions, mushrooms and sauce. Serve with your favorite garlic mashed potato recipe.
The Cookperlandra Rapid City, SD
The Rating6 people
High 5!lanabade in Goshen loved it
Very nice, ^5a1patti in Salem loved it
This is my favorite dish at Olive Garden and now I can have it for half the cost!lanthanaas in Beaverton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!