BREADED CURRY SHRIMP AND DIPPING SAUCEFrom spinach1948 7 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 Tbs. water shopping list
- ¾ cup dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp. curry powder shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
- Dash pepper shopping list
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 2 Tbs. butter, melted or margarine, melted shopping list
- marmalade DIPPING SAUCE: shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- ½ cup orange marmalade spreadable fruit shopping list
- 2 Tbs. reduced-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 400.
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and water. In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Dip shrimp in egg mixture, then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place in a 15-inch x 10-inch baking pan coated with non-stick cooking spray. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 400 for 7-9 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- In a small saucepan coated with non-stick cooking spray, cook garlic over medium heat for 1 minute. Add spreadable fruit, soy sauce and ginger. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and lemon juice until smooth; stir into pan. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with shrimp. Yield: 4 servings ( ½ cup sauce)
- Diabetic Friendly
- Nutritional Values: Serving size 8 shrimp with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 308 calories, Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 237mg, Sodium: 890mg, Carbohydrate: 37g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 23g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating6 people
This is real delicious.
great job 5 forks.
Artabbott41 in Boston loved it
good one thanks for sharing high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Great one Ed. Hope you're having a great holidays!
Happy New Year!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Party Food316 members
Anything Goes289 members
Appetizers And Dips269 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place159 members
Out Of This World Taste10 members
Party Foods24 members
Heres The FoodWheres The Party14 members
Appetizers A Gogo44 members
Diabetic Friendly Recipes43 members
Spicy Spicy Spicy82 members