Pork Crown Roast with Wine gravyFrom littlesponger 5 years ago
- 1 pork-loin crown (8 bones), about 4 lbs. shopping list
- 3/4 cup sodium-reduced chicken stock shopping list
- * For Dijon herb rub* shopping list
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 1 tsp each salt & pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic shopping list
- *For wine gravy* shopping list
- 1/2 cup white wine shopping list
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour or cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 cup sodium-reduced chicken stock shopping list
How to make it
- To make Dijon herb rub: In a food processor, whirl together parsley, mustard, oil, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper until it forms a paste. Stir in garlic.
- Rub all over pork, excluding bones. place roast, bones up, on rack in roasting pan, wrap bone ends in foil; stuff center with foil ball. Pour stock into pan.
- Roast in 325 F.oven until meat thermometer registers 160F, about 3 hours, adding up to 1/2 cup of water if necessary to maintain juices in pan.
- transfer to platter and remove foil ball; tent with foil and let stand for 20 minutes.
- To make wine gravy; skim fat from pan juice. Place pan on medium heat on stove. Pour in wine, stirring and scraping up brown bits from bottom of pan. Whisk flour into sodium-reduced chicken stock; whisk into pan and cook, whisking, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- *Spoon some rice stuffing or any flavor pilaf into center of crown.(optional)
- Carve roast between bones and serve with wine gravy
The Cooklittlesponger LA CRESCENTA, CA
The Rating3 people
Wonderful!pleclare in Framingham loved it