Special K Cereal Bar CookiesFrom chacha 7 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- NOTE: I like to add 1/2 tsp. cinnamon to the sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter - creamy or crunchy shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups white corn syrup shopping list
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla or maple flavoring shopping list
- 1 box Special K cereal - the large size box shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups butterscotch chips shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Mix above together and bring to a boil in pan allowing to boil for a couple minutes- stirring occasionally.
- Gradually add Special K cereal.
- Bring sugar, peanut butter, corn syrup and vanilla/maple flavoring to a boil and boil carefully for a couple of minutes.
- Gradually add the cereal to the melted mixture.
- Spread out in a 9 X 13 inch pan.
- Prepare topping by melting butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and flavorings together and spread over the cereal mixture in pan.
- Allow to cool before cutting and serve.
- NOTE: You can add raisins, chopped dates, apricots, chopped walnuts, cut miniature flavored marshmallows or coconut to this recipe to add flavor.
The Cookchacha New York, NY
The Rating3 people
will make these soon thanks bunches for sharing high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
These are a favorite in our house...been having these since I was young & my aunt would make them at the holidays...My husband has already made 3 of them since the holidays...really I think they are his favorite...gave you a 5. Your recipe is a tish...morealaskanmom in Wasilla loved it