Baked Halibut With Avocado Lemon Cream SauceFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 2 fully ripened avocados halved, pitted and peeled shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup heavy cream divided shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa shopping list
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 6 halibut fillets with skin removed shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor combine 2 avocado halves, lemon juice, onion powder and garlic salt.
- Process until chopped then with machine running slowly add 1/4 cream.
- Process until smooth then chill until ready to serve.
- In a bowl whisk eggs then add remaining 1/2 cup cream and salsa and whisk until blended.
- Place flour in another bowl then lightly coat halibut with flour and coat with egg mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400 then add enough oil to large skillet to cover bottom.
- Heat over medium high heat.
- Add half of the fillets and cook turning once until browned on both sides.
- Transfer to large baking sheet then repeat with remaining fillets adding more oil if needed.
- Bake until fillets are just cooked through about 10 minutes.
- Cut remaining avocado in thin slices then place halibut on plates and spoon sauce around edge.
- Garnish with avocado slices then serve immediately.