Peanutbutter Gingerbread CookiesFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 2/3 cups peanut butter chips shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup dark corn syrup shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 5 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
How to make it
- Place peanut butter chips in microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on medium (50%) for one minute, then stir. If necessary, microwave for additional 15 seconds at a time and stir after each heating until chips are melted.
- Beat melted chips and butter in large bowl until well blended.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup and eggs.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- Add half of flour mixture to butter mixture.
- Beat on low speed until smooth.
- With wooden spoon, stir in remaining flour mixture until well blended.
- Divide into thirds, then wrap each in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until dough is firm to roll.
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- On floured surface, roll 1 dough portion at a time to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut into gingerbread man shapes with floured cookie cutters.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
- Cool slightly, then remove from baking sheet to wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost and decorate as desired.
- Yield depends on size of cookies
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
This is wonderful! I absolutely love peanut butter and ginger so it's a HIGH 5 cookie. I love the twist on a favourite cookie.lor in Toronto loved it
Sweet Tooth448 members
Cookies And Sweets452 members
Christmas All Year182 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Holiday Cookies59 members
Sweet Treats15 members
A Cookie Jar58 members
Peanut Butter Buddies122 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members