Red Wine And Rosemary RisottoFrom sosousme 4 years ago
- 1 quart low-sodium beef stock shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot (or finely chopped onion) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary (if the stems are tender you can chop them as well, but if woody, remove the leaves and use only them) shopping list
- 2 cups arborio rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup red wine shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, to finish shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a sauce pan combine the stock with 1 cup water; heat until hot - keep warm.
- In a deep wide pan or risotto pan, heat the olive oil and butter together until the butter is melted; add the shallot and saute for a few minutes; add the rosemary and rice; saute until the rice is slightly translucent around the edges,, about 3 - 5 minutes. Add the wine; simmer briskly, stirring, until the wine is absorbed. Add 2 cups of the stock; simmer briskly (not a boil, just a very fast simmer), stirring occasionally until the stock has been absorbed. Add a pinch of salt along with about 1/2 cup liquid (1 standard ladle); simmer and stir until the stock has been absorbed. Continue adding liquid I/2 cup at a time, allowing each to absorb into the rice before adding more; until the rice is just tender and creamy looking (you may not have to use all the liquid). Taste the risotto, the rice should be tender but still firm. Add the butter and salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese. Add a little more broth if you like your risotto looser.