Risotto MilaneseFrom sosousme 7 years ago
- 6 to 8 cups low-sodium or homemade chicken stock (preferably homemade) you may not need all of the broth shopping list
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups arborio rice shopping list
- 3/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 1 large pinch saffron (put this in a small bowl with about 2 tablespoons of the wine) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the broth in a small saucepan and keep warm.
- In a large high sided saute pan or risotto pan, heat the oil over medium heat; add the onions and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the rice, mix well to coat; saute until the edges turn translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the wine, cook, stirring until evaporated. Add 2 cups of the broth (about 4 ladles full); simmer, stirring occasionally, until absorbed. Add the saffron and a pinch of salt, then start adding the liquid 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well and adding more broth only when the last addition has been absorbed. Continue to add liquid until the rice is tender (although a little firm to the tooth); about 20 - 25 minutes. Remove the risotto from the heat, stir in the butter and cheese. Taste and adjust seasonings; add a little more liquid if you like a looser risotto.
- Per Serving: 355 Calories; 11g Fat (3g Sat, 6g Mono, 1g Poly); 10g Protein; 49g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 8mg Cholesterol; 825mg Sodium.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!