Kaposztas Taszta- Cabbage NoodlesFrom paprikamama 7 years ago
- 2 large head cabbage, grated into small pieces shopping list
- 2 heaping tbsp.salt shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp. pepper shopping list
- *Square or bowtie egg noodles shopping list
- smoked sausage or keilbasi shopping list
- fresh garlic can be added if desired. shopping list
- 1 small onion can be grated into cabbage while cooking if desired. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl put grated cabbage.
- Sprinkle salt over top. Let stand about 45 minutes until juice forms
- In a large pot, add vegetable oil. Squeeze juice out of cabbage and place in pot.
- Add pepper.
- add onion and garlic if desired.
- add sausage when cabbage becomes transparent.
- Sautee until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- In Large pot, boil noodles. Drain.
- Add noodles to cabbage mixture. Mix well.
- *Egg noodles can be purchased at most European deli's
The Cookpaprikamama Lake Mary, FL
The Rating3 people
This looks fabulous too, Papriamama! I love cabbage and noodles, but most of the recipes I have include sour cream or cream and tons of butter. This version is MUCH easier on the waistline! Thanks.kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it