Crockpot stewed tomatoesFrom modmom50 9 years ago
- 6 - 8 ripe tomatoes shopping list
- 2 Tab. butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 med. onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper shopping list
- 3 Tab. sugar ( more or less ) shopping list
- 1 small bay leaf shopping list
- 1 teas. salt shopping list
- 1/8 teas. pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Core tomatoes
- place in boiling water for about 15 - 20 seconds, then in ice water to cool quickly
- Cut tomatoes in wedges.
- In crock pot, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low 8 - 9 hours.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Sprinkle top with parsley, if desired.
- Serve as a side dish, or freeze in portions for soups or other recipes