Light Alaskan Halibut Lasagna Diabetic FriendlyFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 6 Tbs. light margarine shopping list
- 1 ½ pounds halibut steaks, bones removed and cut into 1-inch cubes shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- ¾ tsp. Dried thyme shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- ½ tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 ½ cups College Inn light + fat-free 50% less sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 8 ounces Dreamfields low-calorie lasagna noodles, cooked and drained shopping list
- 2 cups ( 8-oz ) shredded swiss cheese ( Alpine Lace reduced-fat-sodium ) shopping list
- Minced fresh parsley, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of margarine. Add halibut, garlic and thyme. Cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes. Remove and set aside. Add the remaining margarine to the skillet. Stir in flour and salt until smooth; cook and stir until golden brown. Gradually add broth and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- In a greased 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish, layer half of the noodles, halibut, white sauce and cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350º for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake longer or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
- Serving size 1/8 of the lasagna
- Diabetic Friendly
- Nutritional Values: Calories per serving: 298, Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 99mg, Sodium: 349mg, Carbohydrate: 24g Fiber: 2g, Protein: 30g
- NOTE: I have modified the Original recipe to a much lighter and Diabetic Friendly one.