Tomato-less LasagnaFrom lor 4 years ago
- 12 packaged lasagna noodles - (use gluten free pasta if needed) shopping list
- 2 eggs (or 1/2 cup egg substitute) shopping list
- 1 – 15 oz. container ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup zucchini or yellow summer squash, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup shallots or leek, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup green beans, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, snipped shopping list
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth, low sodium shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups chicken, cooked, or 1 lb. Italian pork sausage, cooked and drained shopping list
- 3 - 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water for approx 10 minutes or until almost tender. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Set aside.
- Stir together eggs, ricotta and Parmesan cheeses, and pepper. Stir in spinach. Set aside.
- In a saucepan cook zucchini, broccoli, shallots, celery, green beans, basil and garlic in broth for about 10 minutes or until tender. Do not drain. Whisk flour into milk; stir in vegetable mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Add chicken or pork sausage.
- Layer four noodles, one-third sauce and one-third mozzarella in a greased 2.85litres or 3 quarts rectangular baking dish. Repeat twice. Bake, covered in 350oF or 190oC oven for 50 – 55 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- More than 12 million Americans suffer from food allergies, or one in 25.
- Two of the worst culprits for me are nitrites and sulphites which can cause *anaphylaxis, severe migraines, asthma and eczema.
- From the recipe collection of Marsha and Bill
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating5 people
I have grandson who wont eat tomatoes will have to share with mom Lol. thanks bunxhesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
High 5,very unique!lanabade in Goshen loved it
HIGH FIVE FORKS!!! This a good recipe.. will make soon..snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it