Chocolate Shells With Kahlua CreamFrom angelgirl94 5 years ago
- 1 12oz package semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 teaspoon shortening shopping list
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup sifted powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cocoa shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua(or another coffee flavored liqueur) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- chocolate curls-optional shopping list
- chocolate sprinkles-optional shopping list
- Chopped nuts-optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and shortening together. Stir until mixture is smooth.
- Let cool slightly until mixture begins to thicken.
- Tear off small sheets of plastic wrap and and press them against the inside of the cups a standard sized muffin tin. To hold the plastic wrap in place. Spray cups with a little cooking oil spray first.
- Using the back of a small spoon or small spatula, spread chocolate mixture over the bottom and sides of each muffin tin. Chill until chocolate is firm.
- Meanwhile, combine whipping cream, sugar, cocoa, Kahlua, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer set to medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Spoon or pipe cream mixture into chilled chocolate shells.
- If desired, garnish with chocolate curls, chocolate sprinkles, or chopped nuts.
- Unmold chocolate shells and remove plastic wrap. Place shells onto a platter.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- You can make a non-alcoholic version by adding two tablespoons cold strong black coffee in place of Kahlua. Add an extra tablespoon of powdered sugar as well.