White Chicken ChiliFrom cleardayz 3 years ago
- 1 lb dry white beans shopping list
- 6 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tsp Diced garlic shopping list
- 2 medium chopped onions shopping list
- 1 can diced tomatoes drained shopping list
- 1 7 oz cans diced green chilis shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken shopping list
- 3 cups chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- In a large kettle combine dry white beans, chicken broth, diced garlic cloves, and 1 chopped onion.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, covered, until the beans are tender, about 2 to 3 hours.
- In a large skillet, saute 1 chopped onion and peppers until tender.
- Add green chilis, tomatoes, cumin, oregano, cloves, and cayenne pepper
- Add cooked, chopped chicken and chicken broth.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve hot with your favorite cheese on top and flour torillas, tortilla chips or oyster crackers on the side!
- Add a dollop of sour cream and/or guacamole on top if desired!