EGG aND SAUSAGE CASSEROLEFrom lanabade 5 years ago
- 5 ounces of good turkey breakfast sausages (4 small links) shopping list
- 1 tsp.canola oil. shopping list
- 1 onion chopped. shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper,chopped. shopping list
- 4 large eggs. shopping list
- 4 large egg whites. shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups low-fat milk. shopping list
- 1 tsp. dry mustard shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper. shopping list
- 2/3 cup shredded extra sharp Chedded cheese,divided. shopping list
- 10 slices of white bread,crusts removed. shopping list
How to make it
- Coat a 9X13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook sausage in a skillet ver medium heat.;crumbling with a fork,until browned.
- transfer to a bowl.
- Add oil,onion,and bell pepper,to the skillet.Cook,stirring occassionally.,until vegetables softenabout 5 minutes.
- Add sausage.Cook stirring until vegetables begin to brown.(about 5 minutes)
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and the egg whites in a large bowl until blended.
- whisk in milk,mustard,salt and pepper.
- stir in 1/3 cup chedder.
- Arrange bread in a single layer in prepared baking dish.
- pour egg mixture over bread and top with reserved sausage and vegetables,
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/3 cup Chedder.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate AT LEAST 5 HOURS OR OVERNIGHT.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- bake casserole uncovered,until set and puffed 40-50 minutes.
- serve hot.
The Cooklanabade Goshen, NJ
The Rating4 people
Ill feed this to my crowd great post high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
a Goodyhungrybear in Miner loved it