banana coconut ice sliceFrom zoetheunicorn 6 years ago
- 100g butter, softened shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 really ripe (like blackening) banana, mashed shopping list
- 1 cup self raising flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup dessicated (shredded to north americans) coconut shopping list
- **** for the topping **** shopping list
- 50g butter, melted shopping list
- 2 cups icing sugar shopping list
- 1 cup dessicated coconut shopping list
- 3 Tbsp milk shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180 C (thats 350F) and lightly grease your slice tray.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy, then add mashed banana. stir until well combined.
- Add in the flour and coconut and mix well.
- Press mixture into your tin, poke the top all over with a fork and bake for 30 minutes.
- To make the icingjust combine everything in a bowl and spread over the slice while its still hot.
- Allow to cool before slicing it up in the tin.
- I find it stores well (and holds together better) if kept in a tupperware in the fridge.
- ALSO (i was gonna do this but forgot...) instead of adding milk and vanilla in the icing, add the pulp of a passionfruit and a small squeeze of lemon. Dang that would've been gooood...NEXT TIME :)