Smoked ChickenFrom leomlyon 9 years ago
How to make it
- Mix together salt, pepper, cajun spice and crushed garlic.
- Rub all over chicken making sure to get in under the skin to let flavors realy get into the meat.
- Peel and deseed papaya and liquidise fruit.
- Rub pulp all over chicken making sure to cover complete bird.
- Place chicken in a container, pour the rest of the pulp over the chicken and cover with cling film.
- Store in refrigirator overnight.
- Next day start Webber fire as normal and wait till heat is even.
- Place chicken on gril and cover.
- Bake chicken slowly for aprox 45 min to one hour or until cooked and moist.
- (The best way to check this is to may a cut where the thickest meat is ie breast, and see the juices are clear.)
- Then put your shavings in a small tin foil container on the hot coals and cover again for 5 to10 min, be sure not to spill any on the chicken.
- This will smoke the chicken nicely.
- When done, place on a platter and carve.
- Serve hot. with a Huge garden salad
The Cookleomlyon Durban, ZA
- Not added to any groups yet!