Italian Baked Chicken and PastinaFrom lanabade 4 years ago
- 1 cup Pastina pasta(or any small pasta) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup cubed chicken breast )1 inch cubes shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced onion9about 1/2 a small onion) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic,minced shopping list
- 1 (14.5 ounce)can diced tomatoes with juice shopping list
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper. shopping list
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs. shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter,plus extra for buttering the baking dish. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degees.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the pasta and cook until just tender,stirring occasionally about 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta into a large mixing bowl.
- meanwhile put the olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the onions and garlic,stirring to combine,and cook until the onions are soft and the chicken is cooked through.,about 5 minutes more.
- Put the chicken mixture into the bowl with the cooked pasta,
- Add the canned tomatoes,mozzarella cheese,parsely,salt,pepper.
- Stir to combine,
- place the mixture in a buttered 8 X8 by 2 inch bakjing dish.
- In a small bowl mix together the bread crumbs and theParmeson cheese.
- Sprinkle over the top of the pasta.
- dot the top top with small bits of the butter.
- BAKE until the top is golden brown,about 30 minutes.
The Cooklanabade Goshen, NJ
The Rating5 people
I remember this one my grandmother us to make this for us when I was little.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Great recipe, thanks for sharing!^5
debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it