AppleBacon Maple Glazed DonutsFrom zk 4 years ago
- 1 cup apple cider shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups flour and extra for work surface shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 4 tablespoons of room temp butter shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 buttermilk shopping list
- 2 gala apples diced (or a sweet apple) shopping list
- 8 strips of plain bacon chopped and diced shopping list
- 3 inch donut cutter shopping list
- shortening or oil shopping list
- FOR glaze shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup shopping list
How to make it
- Boil apple cider in a sauce pan for 20-30 minutes until it is reduced to 1/4 cup and then set aside to cool.
- Cook the 8 pieces of bacon until crisp, not burned. set aside to cool and then chop bacon.
- Beat the butter in your mixer and add sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time until well mixed.
- Add buttermilk and reduced cider.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, 4 diced pieces of bacon, 1/2 cup of diced apples and nutmeg in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry mixture to the liquids enough to combine.
- Transfer the dough to lightly floured wax paper.
- roll out the dough to a sheet 1/2 inch thick and flour as needed.
- Place dough in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove dough and cut out donuts with 3 inch cutter.
- Place donuts on a cookie sheet and holes back into dough to re-roll and use again.
- Refridgerate donuts for 20-30 minutes.
- add enough shortening/oil to fill a deep pan 3 inches.
- heat oil to 350 degrees ( this is very important)
- fry a few donuts at a time flipping once or twice. It should take about 1 minute on each side to cook through.
- remove donuts with slotted spoon and allow to drain on paper towels.
- While donuts are drying mix all ingredients for galze in a mixing bowl and warm over a sauce pan with hot water.
- spread glaze on donuts and sprinkle remaining chopped bacon and diced apples on top.
The Cookzk Atlanta, GA
- Not added to any groups yet!