Raspberry Ribbon Cheesecake - Special DietFrom spinach1948 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs or ( Diabetic use=Murray sugar-Free cookies ) shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter, melted or ( Diabetic use= margarine ) shopping list
- 3 Tbs. sugar ( Diabetic use= sugar substitute equivalent such as Equal ) shopping list
- Raspberry Sauce: shopping list
- 2 ½ cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar ( Diabetic use= sugar substitute equivalent such as Equal ) shopping list
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tsp. lemon juice shopping list
- Filling / Topping: shopping list
- 3 pkg. ( 8-oz each ) 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened shopping list
- ½ cup sugar ( Diabetic use= sugar substitute equivalent such as Equal ) shopping list
- 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 egg whites ( Diabetic use= whites substitute: “All Whites” 6 Tbs. = 2 egg whites ) shopping list
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 2 – 3 Tbs. orange juice ( Diabetic use= no sugar added ) shopping list
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine the first three ingredients; press into bottom and 1 1/2-inch up sides of a greased 9-inch spring form pan. Chill 1 hour or until firm.
- In a blender, cover and process raspberries until pureed. Press through a sieve; discard seeds. Add water if necessary to measure 1 cup
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in raspberry juice; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until smooth. Add egg whites; beat on low just until blended. Stir in cream.
- Pour half into crust. Top with ¾ cup raspberry sauce ( cover and refrigerate remaining sauce ). Carefully spoon remaining over sauce.
- Bake at 375 for 35 – 40 minutes or until center is nearly set. Remove from oven; immediately run a knife around pan to loosen crust. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour.
- Refrigerate overnight. Add orange juice to chilled raspberry sauce; gently fold in raspberries. Spoon over cheesecake. Yield: 12 servings.
- Diabetic Friendly
- Nutritional Values: Serving size: 1 piece, Calories per serving: 249, Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 38mg, Sodium: 161mg, Carbohydrate: 27g
- Note: I have modified the original recipe for Diabetics and Dieters.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating4 people
Yummy!! high 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Mmmmmm thats beautiful ed
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Very goodyhungrybear in Miner loved it