Cold Spanish Soup- SalmorejoFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 4 1/2 cups garden ripe tomatoes shopping list
- 1 cup cubed stale crustless bread shopping list
- 1 garlic clove peeled shopping list
- 1 medium red bell pepper cubed shopping list
- 2 strands saffron shopping list
- 2 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp sherry wine vinegar shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- cumin to taste shopping list
- 3/4 lb cooked shrimp, peeled, chopped if desired shopping list
- 2 Tbs chopped parsley as garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a blender place cut up tomatoes, garlic, bread, bell pepper, cumin and saffron and blend smooth.
- With blender running add olive oil and vinegar.
- Mixture will be thick. Consistency should be like yoghurt.
- If too thick add a little water.
- Process until foamy. Season with salt, pepper and cumin to taste.
- Place into soup bowls or soup cups, add the shrimp and garnish with the parsley.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Yield: 2 to 4 servings.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
Quick N Easy123 members
Fish And Seafood308 members
Low GI/Diabetic Diet35 members
FRESH HERB NUT31 members
Spanish And Hispanic Food142 members
Low Fat And Fabulous112 members
Soup Is Good Food61 members
Tomato Lovers Rejoice76 members
I Love SOUP98 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members