Fish BallsFrom cuzpat 5 years ago
- 1/2 pound flaked fish shopping list
- 1/3 cup saltine cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1 large egg, beaten shopping list
- 2 teaspoons finely minced green onion tops or leeks shopping list
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grain mustard (I like Creole) shopping list
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce shopping list
- panko bread crumbs shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
- parsley, lemon wedges for garnish shopping list
- Dipping sauce if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Any type of fish you prefer will be fine for this recipe
- If using raw fish, grind or chop meat really fine. If already cooked, just flake it into a bowl. Stir in the next seven ingredients and roll into bite size balls. Place on parchment or wax paper and refrigerate several hours to firm.
- Roll each ball into the Panko to coat returning them to the paper. Heat a half inch of oil in a frying pan (or use a deep fryer for faster results) and heat util almost smoking. Add a few balls at a time frying on all sides until golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain and cook remaining balls. Keep warm until ready to serve by placing in a low heated oven or warming tray.
- Arrange on serving tray garnished with the parsley and lemon slices if desired. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce like a seafood cocktail, tarter and even a mustard based sauce.
- makes about a dozen - double or triple accordingly
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating7 people
like it!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Deliciou I love it.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Hi pat.. ru feeling somewhat better? i hope so sweetie:).. im prayin for ya:) Love this thanks 4 posting.. HIGH FIVE FORKS:)snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!