Apricot Almond Coffee CakeFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 1 c flour shopping list
- 1/2 c white whole wheat flour or whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon1/8 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 c snipped dried apricots shopping list
- 1/2 c fat-free milk shopping list
- 1/2 c sugar shopping list
- 1/4 c unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 1/4 c canola oil2 Tbs reduced-sugar apricot preserves,melted shopping list
- 2 Tbs slice almonds,toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly coat an 8x1-1/2" round baking dish with nonstick cooking spray;set aside. In med. bowl,stir together flour,whole wheat flour,baking powder,salt,cinnamon and ginger.
- In med. bowl,lightly beat egg with fork;stir in dried apricots. Stir in milk,sugar,applesauce,and oil. Add apricot mixture all at once to flour mixture,stir till combined. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 mins or till toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 mins. Cut up ant large pieces of fruit in preserves;spoon over coffee cake. Sprinkle with toasted almonds. Serve warm or room temperature.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating3 people
A delicious little cake just for me. Can't wait to take a bite. 5 forksbrianna in loved it
Love coffee cake of any kind! ;')justjakesmom in Everett loved it
ya know.. i benn craving apricots.. this came in just the nick of time.. make this weekend.. gotta buy more apricots.. ate em already:) HIGH FIVE FORKS!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it