Fresh Salmon BurgersFrom myrna 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless salmon filet, cut into large chunks shopping list
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped shopping list
- Grated peel of half a lemon (lemon half reserved for squeezing) shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley (a generous handful) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO) shopping list
- 1/4 seedless cucumber, chopped shopping list
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 kaiser rolls, split shopping list
- 4 red-leaf lettuce leaves shopping list
- Hot stuff shopping list
- Add horseradish to the dill mustard. shopping list
How to make it
- Using a food processor, coarsely chop the salmon; transfer to a bowl. Mix in the capers, lemon peel, parsley and seafood seasoning and season with salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties.
- Preheat the broiler. In a nonstick skillet, heat the EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes and red onion. In another small bowl, mix the mustard with the dill.
- Toast the rolls under the broiler and slather each side with the mustard-dill sauce. Squeeze the lemon half over the cooked burgers. Set a lettuce leaf and burger on each roll bottom and top with tomato-cucumber relish and a roll top.