Stumps Devils Food CakeFrom bostyn 4 years ago
- 8oz unsweetened chocolate shopping list
- 1c milk divided shopping list
- 1c light brown sugar shopping list
- 2c flour shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2tsp salt shopping list
- 1c sugar shopping list
- 1/2c butter shopping list
- 1/4c water shopping list
- 1tsp vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the following custard in a double boiler: 8oz chocolate, 1/2c milk, 1c firmly packed brown sugar, and one egg yolk.
- Remove from heat when thickened.
- Have other ingredients at about 75 degrees.
- Sift before measuring: 2 cups flour.
- Resift with: 1tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Beat 1/2c butter until soft.
- Add 1c sugar gradually and blend until very creamy.
- Beat in 2 egg yolks 1 at a time.
- Add the flour to the butter mixture in 3 parts, alternating with thirds of: 1/4c water, 1/2c milk, and 1tsp vanilla.
- Stir the batter until smooth after each addition.
- Stir in the chocolate custard.
- Whip until stiff but not dry: 2 egg whites.
- Fold them lightly into the cake batter.
- Bake in greased pans at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Makes two 9" round layers.
The Cookbostyn San Diego, CA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!