Italian Sausage Meatball HeroesFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- • 1 pound spicy or sweet Italian sausages, casings removed shopping list
- • 1 (23- to 24-ounce) container purchased fresh marinara sauce, divided shopping list
- • 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (about 1 1/2 ounces) shopping list
- • 1/3 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley, divided shopping list
- • 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil, divided shopping list
- • 4 (5- to 6-inch-long) pieces french baguette, split horizontally shopping list
- • 1 cup (packed) coarsely grated whole-milk mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix sausage, 1/2 cup marinara, Parmesan, 2 tablespoons parsley, and 2 tablespoons basil in large bowl.
- Using wet hands, shape mixture into 8 meatballs.
- Bring 2 tablespoons parsley, 2 tablespoons basil, remaining marinara, and meatballs to boil in large skillet. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until meatballs are cooked through, turning often, about 20 minutes.
- Place baguette bottoms on baking sheet; spread each with about 2 tablespoons sauce from skillet.
- Cut meatballs in half in skillet; overlap 4 halves on each baguette bottom. Spoon remaining sauce over meatballs, then sprinkle mozzarella over, dividing equally.
- Bake until cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and basil and cover with baguette tops.
- Fresh marinara sauce makes all the difference in these robust sandwiches. Look for it near the cheeses and fresh pasta at the supermarket.
- or make your own
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating5 people
My daughters eat alot of fresh Italian sausage,they will LOVE your receipe,maybe for the big game coming up.Thankyou,5 forkshave a blessed week-end.lanabade in Goshen loved it
Superfoodman like *heroes* "smile"superfoodman in Metropolis loved it
YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!! high 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!