Feta Cheese And Swiss Chard PieFrom lor 7 years ago
- 1 bunch swiss chard or 10 oz pkg. fresh spinach shopping list
- 2 green onions, well rinsed shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley (optional) shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup homogenized milk, half-and-half or table cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Lightly butter a 9 inch pie plate or coat with cooking spray.
- Wash chard and leave water clinging to leaves.
- Place in a microwave-safe dish.
- Cover and microwave on high just until wilted, from 2 to 3 minutes. Uncover and cool.
- Using your hands or a kitchen cloth, squeeze out as much moisture as possible and coarsely chop.
- You should have about 1 cup.
- Thinly slice green onions.
- Chop and measure out herbs.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs with milk until blended.
- Stir in chard, onions and herbs.
- Stir in feta and 1 cup cheddar.
- Pour into pie plate and smooth top.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheddar.
- Bake in centre of 350F (180C) oven until top is golden and centre is set when a knife is inserted, from 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Published by Chatelaine on 1/1/1995
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating4 people
Sounds delish!californiacook in loved it
I love and grow Swiss Chard,saute' it in olive oil and fresh garlic,and then add Balsamic vinegar and let thicken to make a sauce.SO good!Husband likes Feta cheese,I don't,but I'll make this for him,thanks!lanabade in Goshen loved it
YUM! TQ for share, Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
Good Down Home Southern Food196 members
Pot Luck Entertaining102 members
Veggies Fruits And Grains54 members
Southern Sassyness72 members
Farm Country Cooking84 members
Parties Potluck And Picnics18 members
Family Night34 members
Autumn Culinary Delights15 members
Pies Tarts And Quiches29 members