Green Chili Stuffed Chicken BreastFrom superfoodman 3 years ago
- 6 Boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 can chopped ortega green chilies shopping list
- 2 oz ham; minced shopping list
- 2 oz Montery jack cheese; shredded shopping list
- 1 clove garlic; minced shopping list
- 2 eggs; beaten shopping list
- 1 cup breadcrumbs seasoned with chili powder to taste shopping list
- chili chicken gravy shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse and drain chilies, mix with ham, cheese and garlic. Set aside at room temp. for about 15 min while preparing chicken breasts for stuffing.
- To prepare chicken, rinse and pat dry. Using a VERY SHARP fillet knife, cut a pocket in the side of each breast ( if you are Very nice to the butcher at the market, you might even be able to get him to do this for you)
- Drain any liquid that may have settled out of the green chili stuffing mix and then spoon 1/6 of the stuffing into each breast and close the pockets with toothpicks.
- Dip stuffed breasts into beaten egg and dredge with seasoned Breadcrumbs. Place in an oiled 9" x 9" pan and bake at 350 for 50 min.or until redness is done near the bone
- Serve with Chili Chicken Gravy
- Chili Chicken Gravy
- 2 Tablespoons UNsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- In a small amount of oil, saute onion until clear. Remove from heat and add wine and chili powder. Set aside. Melt butter in a small sauce pan, add flour and cook over medium heat stirring constantly until just browned. Gradually add first, the chicken stock, then the milk, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Add the onion/wine/chili mix and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until gravy thickens.