Pork AsadoFrom mommylotte 5 years ago
- 1 - 1.5 Kilos of roasting pork (shoulder or loin),or any part preferably with a thin layer of fat on one side. shopping list
- 3/4 cup of dark soy sauce shopping list
- 2 pcs of star anise shopping list
- 2 laurel leaves shopping list
- 12 peppercorns shopping list
- 4-6 Tbsp of sugar shopping list
- 1 whole garlic (peeled and pricked with a fork) shopping list
- 1 whole onion (cut into wedges) shopping list
- 4 Tbsp of cooking oil shopping list
How to make it
- Prick the pork meat with a fork in several places.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large pan. Lightly brown the pork, rolling it on hot oil to brown all side evenly.
- Pour enough water to reach 3/4 the height of the pork.
- Pour in the soy sauce and the rest of the ingredients.What you`re looking for is the balance between the saltiness of the soy sauce and the sweetness of the sugar. So, use more or less of either ingredient to suit your taste.
- Simmer the pork,fat side up,for an hour,depending on its thickness.
- Lift the pork out of the liquid then place on a plate and cool to room temperature. Cut into 1/4 inch slices and arrange on a serving plate.You can dip every slices on the liquid mixture before setting them on the plate.
- Strain the braising liquid mixture.Removing the garlic,onion,peppercorns,star anise and laurel leaves. You only need the liquid mixture as the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the sliced pork.
- Serve hot. Goes best with hot rice.You can sprinkle a little sauce to your rice :p