Spicy Fried SpinachFrom goodeat 4 years ago
- 1 or 2 bunches spinach shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ghee shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oil shopping list
- 2 large onions, finely sliced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black cumin seeds, optional shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, optional shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Wash spinach well in several changes of water and remove tough stalks. Heat ghee and oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion until golden, then add garlic and ginger and fry, stirring, for a further minute or two. Add seeds, ground spices and salt and mix well, then turn in the spinach with only the water that remains on the leaves after washing. Toss in the spicy mixture, then turn heat very low and cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until spinach is cooked. It may be necessary to add a little more water to prevent spinach sticking to pan. Serve with rice, chapatis or other Indian breads.
The Cookgoodeat Benton, MO
The Rating6 people
Your my kind of guy Spinach is my kind of food too.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
My my!! good!superfoodman in Metropolis loved it
Yum!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!