Turkish Poached Eggs with Yogurt and Spicy Sage ButterFrom darbar 7 years ago
- 1 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter shopping list
- 12 fresh sage leaves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar shopping list
- 8 eggs shopping list
- Warm pita bread shopping list
How to make it
- Stir yogurt and garlic in small bowl to blend. Season to taste with salt. Divide mixture equally among 4 plates, spreading to coat center.
- Melt butter in heavy small saucepan over medium heat. Add sage, paprika and red pepper and stir just until butter sizzles. Remove from heat. Season with salt.
- Add vinegar to large skillet of simmering water and return mixture to simmer. Crack eggs into water. Simmer until eggs are softly cooked, about 3 minutes. Using slotted spoon, remove eggs from water, drain briefly and place 2 eggs atop yogurt on each plate.
- Rewarm butter mixture if necessary; spoon over eggs and serve immediately with pita bread.
The Cookdarbar Elmhurst, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!