Peanut Butter and Honey BarsFrom aussie_meat_pie 6 years ago
- 4 cups rice Bubbles shopping list
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut shopping list
- 11/2 cups pitted dates, chopped shopping list
- juice and finely grated rind of 1 orange shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/3 cup honey shopping list
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter shopping list
- 100g unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 100g dark cooking chocolate, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Line a rectangular tin 26cm x 16cm x 3.5cm with baking paper. Put Rice Bubbles and desiccated coconut into a large mixing bowl. Place the dates, juice, rind and cinnamon into a medium heavy-based pan and cook over a medium heat until the juice evaporates and the dates are soft.
- Remove date mixture from heat, add honey, melted butter and peanut butter and stir until well combined. Add date mixture to the Rice Bubbles and coconut, and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. Spoon into the prepared rectangular tin, smooth the top, then drizzle with the melted dark cooking chocolate. Refrigerate slice for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- When slice is firm, cut it into 12 squares or fingers and then serve.
The Cookaussie_meat_pie My Kitchen, AU
The Rating6 people
yummy. think they are what we call rice crispies herekarlyn255 in Ypsilanti loved it
wow aussie great post gotta make these soon thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it