Beef CurryFrom silvanak 6 years ago
- 3 to 4 lbs of meat for stew- you can mix the meat and use beef short ribs and stew meat or chuck or leaner cuts.They should be cut into small pieces. Ask your butcher to cut the short ribs in half. shopping list
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 1 big onion shopping list
- 1 piece of fresh ginger -about an inch shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- salt to your taste. shopping list
- 1 or 2 cinnamon sticks shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 cup fat free plain yogurt shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor or blender and add the onion, garlic, ginger and blend until it's a mushy pulp.
- Add the meat into a big bowl.
- Add the spices.
- Add the yogurt and mushy pulp mixture to the bowl of meat.
- Let the meat marinate for 15 minutes in the bowl.
- In a big pot -preferably one with more surface area - add your olive oil and heat on medium to high.
- Add the meat mixture.
- Turn the meat while it cooks on medium heat.
- Cook the meat and let the water evaporate -until you see the oil rise from the bottom of the pot.
- Then -add about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Add the bay leaf.
- Add the cinnamon stick.
- Add salt to your liking.
- Cover and cook about 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until fork tender.
The Cooksilvanak Corona, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!