Buffalo wing sauce secret recipeFrom karlyn255 6 years ago
- 2 cups of dry cayenne peppers (50 grams) shopping list
- 1/2 cup of water shopping list
- 1/3 cup of chopped onion shopping list
- 1 chopped garlic shopping list
- 1/3 cup of chopped tomato shopping list
- 1/2 cup of white vinegar shopping list
- 1 stick of butter shopping list
- 1 bottle of Lousiana hot sauce shopping list
- 1/2 of the juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup of ketchup shopping list
How to make it
- Start by roasting the cayenne peppers on a pan over a medium high flame. Toss them around inside the pan for a couple of minutes and make sure you don't let these get burned. Add enough water to cover the peppers and bring water to a boil. Let them cook for ten minutes. Drain water and place them in blender. Add 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 cup of vinegar and salt. Blend on high and allow to percolate.
- Place butter stick on a pan over a medium flame so that it melts. Add onion, garlic, tomato and the whole bottle of Lousiana Hot Sauce.
- Let all cook for about five minutes, stirring occasionally. Immediately pour into blender and add the percolated cayenne pepper sauce. Blend on high for two minutes. Add the lemon juice, honey and ketchup, and blend again for a few seconds. Pour back into the pan where you melted the butter, and let it simmer for a good 20 minutes.
- What I usually do, is fry the chicken wings until they’re golden brown and very crispy and then I dip each one into the sauce. My wife and I love these with celery sticks and Ranch dressing.
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating11 people
Hot wings are my favorite... living in central New York near Buffalo... they were very popular..!!five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
5 fork wing sauce! Thanks.maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
Wow!pleclare in Framingham loved it