Six Layers and a Chip DipFrom lanabade 7 years ago
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 tsp. kosher salt shopping list
- 1/15 ounce can black beans,drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1/15 ounce can pinto beans,drained and rinsed shopping list
- 2 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups lowfat chedder shopping list
- 2 ripr avocados/preferably Hass shopping list
- 1 jalapeno,stemmed,finely chopped(with seeds for more heat) shopping list
- 2 cups chopped Romaine lettace shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat yogart,preferably Greek style. shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro,leaces and some stems,roughly chopped/plus extra for garnish shopping list
- 3 ripe medium tomatoes/diced5 scallions/white and green,thinly sliced. shopping list
- BAKED tortilla chips for dipping. shopping list
How to make it
- on a cutting board,smash the garlic cloves
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp. of the salt,and with the flat side of a knife.
- Mash and smear the mixture to a course paste.
- Put the garlic,beans,chili powder,water,and olive oil in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Spread in the bottom of a 2 quart casserole or grtin dish,or in individual sized dishes,as desired.
- Scatter the cheese over the beans,
- Halve and seed the avocados,then mash the jalapeno and another tsp. os salt in a small bowl.
- Spread the layer of avoado over the cheese,and scatter the lettace on top.
- mix the yogurt with the cilantro and then spread over the lettace,
- Add a layer oftomatoes and finally scatter the scallions on too.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- garnish with a few cilantro spigs.
- Serve with baked chps.
The Cooklanabade Goshen, NJ
The Rating8 people
Very delicious sounding.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
YUMMM I LOVE THIS STUFF THANK U
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
YUMMM, YUMMM and triple YUMMM!
This is a YUMMM-EEEEE appetizer and I can't wait to make it. HIGH 5!pippy in loved it
Eat Light Healthy457 members
Party Food316 members
Appetizers And Dips269 members
Family Favorites141 members
Easy And Delicious86 members
The Facebook Group Recipes Recipes Group46 members
Let Us Give Thanks EVERYDAY31 members
Church Gettogethers14 members
Can We Talk14 members