Southwestern Chopped SaladFrom tinam 8 years ago
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce shopping list
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup sweet white frozen corn, thawed shopping list
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed shopping list
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup Cheddar or Jack cheese, shredded shopping list
- 3 tblsps chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) shopping list
- 1/4 cup Creamy ranch dressing shopping list
- 1 tsp taco seasoning or canned chipotles, pureed shopping list
- juice of one lime shopping list
- 1 - 2 handfuls yellow corn tortilla chips, slightly crushed shopping list
How to make it
- Toss together the first seven ingredients (lettuce thru cilantro) in a salad bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine dressing with taco seasoning and lime juice. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat evenly.
- Mix in tortilla chips just before serving so them remain a little crunchy.
- Add more dressing, if needed and adjust seasoning to taste.
- TIP: Add grilled chicken tenders or shrimp for added taste (and protein)