Rosemary Lemon Chicken And MushroomsFrom silvanak 6 years ago
- 1 3 lb chicken skinned and cut up shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoon of olive oil-you may add a little butter if you wish, it gives the chicken a distinct brown color. shopping list
- 1 finely chopped onion shopping list
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped fine shopping list
- 1 tablespoon rosemary shopping list
- 3/4 lb of fresh mushrooms or 2 - 4 ounce cans of drained mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 cup white wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or chicken base mixed with water shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian flat leaf parsley shopping list
- salt and pepper according to your taste shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse the cut up chicken and pat dry.
- Place a pot on the stove preferably one with more surface area than height.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of oi and a little butter if desired and turn the heat to medium.
- Add the chicken pieces one at a time do not over crowd the pot.
- Cook the chicken until golden brown about 10 minutes.
- Place the golden brown pieces of chicken in a holding dish while you finish cooking all the pieces.
- In the same pot add a little more oil and saute the chopped onions and garlic.
- Add the mushrooms and rosemary.**When using fresh mushroom saute them until the water evaporates from the mushrooms.
- Add the white wine make sure your scrap the bits of pieces off the bottom of your pot.
- Let it come to a boil.
- Keep cooking -reduce the liquid and add your broth and lemon juice.
- Continue to reduce the liquid and taste it.
- Add salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Return the chicken to the pot, lower the heat and stir it.
- Cover and cook for 30-40 min.
- Add fresh Italian parsley to the dish if desired.
- Serve with rice, buttered noodles, or your favorite pasta and vegetables.
The Cooksilvanak Corona, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!